Planning Basis for Switzerland
Since the publication of the "Swiss Wind Energy Concept" in 2004, conditions have changed significantly. With the new Energy Law the goals for renewable energies have been significantly raised. Cantonal structure plans, cost-covering remuneration, larger and more powerful turbines are further keywords. Working closely with the cantons, the Swiss Federal Offices BFE, FOEN and ARE published recommendations for planning wind turbines in March 2010. The 2004 concept as well as the new recommendation are not legally binding, but both have the goal of standardization of wind power planning and approval practices.
Recomendations for Wind Power Planning 2010
- Recomendations for Wind Power Planning (German)
» download (pdf, 760 kB)
Swiss Wind Energy Concept 2004
- Main report "Swiss Wind Energy Concept (in German)"
» download (pdf, 1.2 MB)
- Methodology report (in German)
» download (pdf, 927 kB)
- Consultation report (in German)
» download (pdf, 913 kB)
List and details of the 2004 concept's sites
- The 2004 wind power concept's geographical results are depicted in the interactive wind power map of Switzerland
- Overview maps of wind speed, national inventories as well as the 2004 wind power concept's sites are available for download.